For Traffic Routes with Long-term Stability: SIMODRAIN® Polyethylene Drainage Systems
The quality and safety of roads and rail networks depends to a large extent on earthwork structures and hence on drainage systems. To be able to use traffic routes safely and without any operating restrictions in the long term drainage systems have to be not only capable of bearing the load but also have to be resistant to cracking.
The highest forces acting on traffic routes are static and dynamic live loads, soil loads and loads due to the influx of water above and below ground. Owing to their static and dynamic load-bearing capacity, high quality and long-term operational reliability PE pipes are being used to an ever increasing extent.
The benefits of PE piping systems for traffic route drainage
- No pipe breakage thanks to a high level of flexibility
- Can be rinsed out at high pressure
- Ring stiffness in accordance with DIN EN 13244-2
- Can be used for high static and dynamic loads
- Favourable hydraulic conditions due to smooth interior pipe surfaces
- Problem-free open-air storage due to UV- and frost resistance
- Fast laying due to socket connection
- Slot pattern based on DIN 4266 and 4262
- Easy handling due to light weight
Task and Performance of Drainage Systems
For the long-term drainage of traffic route structures water under pressure and in situ water at the structure has to be discharged directly in order to prevent water infiltration. Water in the ground which cannot drain off causes the supporting medium to soften. Resulting instabilities are inevitable, causing damage to tracks and roads.
SIMODRAIN® drainage systems ensure controlled discharge of leachate, surface water and artesian water. SIMODRAIN® drainage pipes provide maximum reliability to ensure the long-term stability of rails and roads.
SIMODRAIN® Range of Products
With drainage pipes made of PE 80 and PE 100 in conjunction with joining pieces and shafts we offer a comprehensive system for laying new traffic route drainage pipes and conducting repairs.
- PE 100/PE 80 multi-purpose pipes (UP)
- PE 100/PE 80 multi-purpose pipes (MP)
- PE 100/PE 80 multi-purpose pipes (LP)
- PE 100/PE 80 full leachate pipes (TP)
- PE 100 electrofusion socket, sewer
- PE 80 double sockets with lip seal / o-ring
- PE 80 shaft liner, sanded, for concreting
- PE 80 end cap with o-ring
- PE 100/PE 80 inspection shaft