SIMONA® Twin-Wall Sheets
Overflow tanks for swimming pools
Overflow tanks are used to collect water that flows over the edge of a swimming pool. SIMONA® Twin-Wall Sheets are the perfect choice for such Systems.
Thanks to the high rigidity of the material, no cross-ribbed or steel profile reinforcements are needed when engineering such structures. Among the key advantages of twin-wall sheets are their low weight, excellent stability and good chemical resistance to swimming pool water.
The flexural strength of a SIMONA® PE Twin-Wall Sheet (19 webs/8 mm outer skin) is about the same as that of a solid SIMONA® PE Sheet with a thickness of 40 mm. However, it has only half the area density, which makes transportation much simpler. The weight advantages of SIMONA® PE Twin-Wall Sheets compared to conventional cross-ribbed tanks can be up to 30 per cent.
- High rigidity and strength
- Good electrical insulator
- High wear resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Low water absorption
- Resistant to microorganisms
- Very good processing properties
- Lower weight than solid material
- Matching corners
- Excellent sound insulation (DIN ISO 140-3 available on request)
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Based on ISO 8301, EN 1946-3