SIMONA® PE FOAM / SIMONA® PP FOAM
Foamed Plastic Sheets - Light Weight and High Rigidity
SIMONA® PE FOAM
SIMONA® PE FOAM combines excellent processing properties with the benefits of high surface quality and low water absorp- tion. With SIMONA® PE FOAM it is possible to replace many applications that use plywood and MDF (medium density fibreboard). Compared to the latter woodbased materials, PE FOAM is much more durable, especially in applications exposed to moist/ wet conditions. SIMONA® PE FOAM features UV stabilisation as standard and has a scratch-resistant embossed surface.
Fields of application SIMONA® PE FOAM
- Boatbuilding (partitions, bulkheads, control desks, etc.)
- Banner material
- Toilet containers, toilet walls and toilet doors
- Partitions in agriculture and livestock farming
SIMONA® PP FOAM
SIMONA® PP FOAM sheets have smooth, compact surfaces and offer maximum rigidity. Owing to these properties, together with good chemical resistance, excellent fabrication capability and low water absorption, SIMONA® PP FOAM is ideal for linings, encasements and, in apparatus construction, for applications with non-critical chemical and mechanical stresses.
Fields of application SIMONA® PP FOAM
- Apparatus components
- Tank covers
- Transport containers
- Small sewage treatment plants
- Packaging systems
- Insulation components
- Reusable containers
At a glance
- Excellent fabrication capability - Owing to their low inherent stresses and strains, SIMONA® PE FOAM/SIMONA® PP FOAM sheets are ideal for processing in many different ways and are easy to clean.
- Light weight, low density and high rigidity
- UV stability - SIMONA® PE FOAM is UV-stabilised and suitable for outdoor use.
- Hot bending
- Water-jet cutting
- Die cutting
- Printing after pretreatment
- Cut edges can be sealed with edge strips