PE 100 / PE-HD - Two product groups – many advantages
The choice is yours...
Choose SIMONA® PE 100
- for tank and equipment construction
- in the semiconductor industry
- for power and environmental engineering
- for automotive and aviation
- for mechanical and laboratory engineering
Choose SIMONA® PE-HD
- for thermoforming applications
- in the field of transport technology
- for mechanical engineering
- for horticulture, agriculture and landscape gardening
- as consumables and wearing materials
- in the construction sector
SIMONA® PE 100
- Premium quality
- DVS- and DIBt-compliant
- Guaranteed long-term properties for superior durability and reliability
- Excellent welding properties
- Extensive service and support
- Comprehensive product range from sheets and solid/hollow rods to twin-wall sheets and welding rods as well as pipes and fittings
- All-round quality
- Universal deployment
- Improved property profile, e.g. for thermoforming applications
- Simple processing by means of various methods
- Extensive product range with a large selection of materials, products and modifications
1. Why have these changes been implemented?
We have been witnessing a growing trend towards higher-quality plastics such as PE 100 or PE 100 RC within the market for extruded sheet products. These developments are also reflected in recent DVS fact sheets and guidelines on "Joining of Plastics" and other relevant standards that no longer include creep curves for PE-63. As a result, there is no longer a basis of calculation for the use of many materials, including SIMONA® PE-HWU, in tank and plant construction. Given these changes, we decided to take a close look at our range of polyethylene-based products and the structures that have evolved within this area over the years.
2. What does SIMONA aim to achieve in making these changes? What are the advantages to me?
Our aim is to simplify the process of selecting a suitable material for your specific fields of application. This calls for transparent communication regarding the recommended areas of application, the guaranteed properties of the material and the scope of service and support.
3. What precisely will change?
The property profiles of the SIMONA® PE 100 product group and the new SIMONA® PE-HD product group are tailored to your specific requirements. This allows us to provide you with a precise recommendation as to which material is suitable for your field of application.
- SIMONA® PE 100 primarily for applications in the area of plant, tank and equipment construction with all the known guaranteed properties (creep strength, DIBt approvals, etc.) and extensive service and support.
- SIMONA® PE-HD for universal use in fields of application that do not require creep strength, DIBt approvals, DVS criteria, etc.; as a replacement for SIMONA® PE-HWU with an improved profile of properties, e.g. for thermoforming applications.
4. Will these changes have an impact on my current purchase orders?
As it will take some time to implement these changes, it is possible that you will be supplied with sheets with a PE-HWU label (or a combination) when you place an order for PE-HD sheets. However, this is of no disadvantage to you. We will start with the implementation in September 2015 and expect to complete the process by the end of December 2015.
Changes in product range by product types:
The product range of our twin-wall sheets, hollow rods, profiles, pipes and fittings as well as of our SIMOLIFE product group remains unchanged.